Unify America is committed to respecting the privacy of our donors. As a donor submitting personally identifying information (“Personal Information”) to us or any of our staff, you consent to the terms and conditions of the policy and to our processing and use of Personal Information for the purposes stated below.
- Here are the types of donor information that we collect and maintain:
- contact information: name, organization/company, complete address, phone number, email address.
- donation information: donation amount, date of donation(s), method of payment, the purpose of donation, any acknowledgment or communication preferences provided.
- non-personally identifiable information: how many hits each Unify America website page receives, and if the visitor is repeat or new. This requires that a ‘cookie’ be sent to your web browser.
- The above list provides a sample of personal information that may be collected by Unify America. From time to time, we may collect personal information from in ways not described above.
How information is used
- Unify America uses your data to maintain records of donations and to send: acknowledgments, mail year-end tax statements, information relevant to your donation, and for internal marketing purposes. We normally add you to our mailing list, unless you request otherwise. We do NOT list individuals’ names in ANY of our publications.
- We use your written comments/letters occasionally to post on our website (in an anonymous fashion), and to respond to your inquiries.
- We use website statistics to analyze our website usage. If you create a personal URL at unifyamerica.org, that information is used to personalize your internet experience.
- Corporate and Foundation sponsors are listed on our website, in our Annual Report, and in materials related to events and programs they are supporting.
- Donations over 2% of our entire budget must be reported on IRS Form 990, Schedule B.
- Our use of donor information will be limited to our internal purposes and only to further the mission of Unify America. Unify America will not sell, rent, trade, or transfer your personal information to outside organizations.
How information is secured
- Credit card numbers are NOT retained once processed.
- Our website has an SSL certificate.
- Security measures may not prevent all losses, and Unify America is not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to security failures.
Removing your name from our mailing list
Please contact us if you wish to be removed from our mailing list, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Donor Bill of Rights
You can find a copy of the Donor Bill of Rights here.